Approximately 120 new computers were installed in various CAEN computer labs and learning centers over the summer. These computers have the following specifications:
- Dell Precision 3460 Workstations
- Small Form Factor (SFF)
- CPU: 13th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-13700 (30MB Cache, 16 Core (8+8), 2.1GHz to 5.2GHz (65W)) TDP
- RAM: 32 GB, 2x16GB, DDR5, 4800 MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA® RTX™ A2000, 12GB GDDR6, 4mDP
- Storage: 512 GB, M.2, Gen 4 PCIe NVMe, SSD, Class 40
These are the locations where the new computers are installed:
- Beyster 1695 (opening late September 2023)
- CSRB 2230
- DC 3rd Floor East
- DC 3rd Floor East Alcove
- DC 3rd Floor South
- DC 3rd Floor South West
These CAEN computer labs will be undergoing significant changes starting in the fall term:
- Beyster 1695 is currently being renovated and will open later in September.
- Duderstadt Center 3rd floor computing areas will be reduced by 50 computers, and replaced with 30 Monitor-only areas and 20 clear area study spaces. The Monitor-only areas are to address an increasing demand for study spaces that are solely equipped with an external computer monitor display for students to better utilize their own laptops. The monitors are Dell 27″ Model U2722DE equipped with USB-C and HDMI cables to plug into a laptop.
- NAME 134 computers were upgraded to Dell Precision 3240 as computers were reshuffled from other labs.
- IOE G610 lab will be closing at the end of Winter 2024 term so its space can be repurposed.
- Shapiro Library basement lab will be reduced by 10 computers.