There are a number of enhancements that have been added to the Canvas Gradebook for this term. These features are intended to help instructors easily view and enter grades for students, making grading more flexible and intuitive. Additions include Late Policies, which allow instructors to set up rules and be more efficient about grading late and missing submissions.
Other new Gradebook enhancements include:
- New menus with more filtering and sorting options
- Visual crosshairs to make it easier to see the current student or assignment cell
- Custom color coding for assignment status (late, missing, resubmitted, dropped, or excused)
- Keyboard shortcuts to improve accessibility on grade entry
- Capability to drag and drop total columns
Features coming soon include:
- Ability to override final grades
- Defining if grades should be posted automatically or manually
For the Winter 2018 term, New Gradebook must be manually enabled at the course level under Settings >> Feature Options. In future terms, it will be enabled automatically in all courses. Until then you can revert back to the old Gradebook, except in cases where you have added a grading policy.